This content was published: February 4, 2015. Phone numbers, email addresses, and other information may have changed.

DIY Cold Remedy

Posted by

It’s that time of season again! Runny nose, congestion, cough, you name it, it’s after you or worse it got you!

Cutting out plastic purchases has led me to get crafty. I came down with a yucky cold and needed to do something about it! Trying to avoid plastic I did not want to buy any over the counter medicines that came in a plastic bottle, so I made my own all natural vapor rub!

It has worked wonders for my friends and I. I would love to share the recipe and directions with you so you can try it out for yourself.

cold

What you’ll need:

• 1/2 cup olive oil, avocado oil, hemp seed oil, or almond oil (I used hemp seed oil)
  • 1 cup of coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup grated beeswax
  • 40 drops eucalyptus essential oil
  • 34 drops mint essential oil (I used half peppermint essential oil and half spearmint essential oil)
  • 19 drops lavender essential oil
  • 17 drops rosemary essential oil
  • 12 drops camphor essential oil
  • Glass jars or metal tins

Directions:

1. Melt beeswax over a double boiler
  2. Add the oils
  3. Stir in the essential oils
  4. Pour into glass jars or metal tins
  5. Let set
  6. Rub on chest and bottoms of feet every 2+ hours
  7. Feel better!

This does make close to 10 ounces! You can either put it into a large container, split between multiple containers and give some out, or you can cut the recipe in half. When not using store in a cool dark place.

If you have any questions feel free to contact Holly Talkington.